Super Bowl 2019: “Fun” facts about Mercedes-Benz Stadium in Atlanta, home of Super Bowl LIII
Mercedes-Benz Stadium in Atlanta, Georgia is home to the Atlanta Falcons, but on Sunday, it will host the most important NFL game of the season: Super Bowl 53 between the New England Patriots and Los Angeles Rams.
Falcons owner Arthur Blank had a vision to build a world-class stadium and ensure the city remained a permanent contender in attracting the world’s largest sports and entertainment events.
Below are some fun facts about the stunning stadium in Atlanta:
– It was the first professional sports stadium in North America to be awarded LEED Platinum Certification from the United States Green Building Council.
– The stadium features water-efficient fixtures and infrastructure that uses 47 percent less water than a typical building.
– It can power nine Atlanta Falcons games or 13 Atlanta United matches with renewable energy generated through its 4,000 solar PV panels.
– It uses 29 percent less energy than a typical building of its size.
– A total of 67,302 pounds of food have diverted from landfill, collected and delivered to underserved in the community through partnership with Second Helpings Atlanta.
– The stadium offers 100 percent compostable cups and straws.
– They’ve collected 1,196,800 pounds of recycled material.
read the full articel herepublished on February 2nd on www.cbssports.com